Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (RQF)
The purpose of the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and is to develop the knowledge and skills required by managers and leaders within the sector. Achieving the qualification will allow learners to innovate and respond to a changing environment and to meet challenges and opportunities within health and social care.
Price: £999.99 all-inclusive
As the course is online based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. Moreover, there are requirements which must be met via workplace observation.
The guided learning hours for this qualification are 586 hours and most students are certified within 6-9 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course at your own leisurely pace.
Who Should Do This Course?
Students looking to work within healthcare settings and job roles, such as:
- Adult nurse
- Care home manager
- Care worker
- Children’s nurse
- Health service manager
Successful learners can progress to further qualifications within the social care sector.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
We include a variety of learning materials and resources as part of our all-inclusive service. These materials can include Unit Presentations, Advice Leaflets, Made Simple Guides and Reading Lists. Furthermore, we are always developing our course resources to enhance our learner experience. We have included some video resources that will feature in our courses shortly:
All learners who enrol upon this course will need to complete these mandatory units. These units are standard to every learner, regardless of their pathway choice. These units will help the learner:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Undertake a research project within service for health and social care or children and young people
When a learner enrols on the course, they will also have to choose a pathway that is most applicable to their working environment. The pathways we offer are:
Pathway B – Children and young people residential
This course is ideal for learners who work with children and young people in a residential environment (such as a care home). This course will teach learners how to manage a team, safeguarding children and young people, and how to assess an individual in a health and social care setting.
Pathway E – Adult residential
This course is ideal for learners who work with adult learners in a residential environment (such as an elderly care home). This course will teach learners how to manage a team, protecting vulnerable adults and managing group living for adults.
Pathway F – Adult non-residential
This course is ideal for learners who work with adults in a non-residential environment (such as a day care service). This course will teach learners how to manage a team, lead active support and develop procedures and practice to respond to concerns and complaints.
All learners must meet these entry requirements to be able to complete the course:
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- You must be in a voluntary or paid role within the sector – you will be observed in your workplace setting
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- You must be aged 19 or above
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
To learn more about us, please visit our about us page!