Level 3 Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching (RQF)
The Level 3 Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching is designed to help you develop the skills needed for the teaching of literacy and language, exploring the varied aspects of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Price: £499.99 all-inclusive
As the course is online-based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays and a worksheet using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. There are also observations carried out as part of the assessment for this course, you will need to be able to deliver lessons to a minimum of 3 learners to meet the criteria.
The guided learning hours for this qualification are 60 hours and most students are certified within 3 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course entirely at your own leisurely pace.
Who should do this course?
This course is the ideal award for those learners who wish to develop their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, with a view to applying their skills in the teaching of literacy, language and/or functional skills. If you are applying for QTLS and you teach maths or English (numeracy, GCSE, Functional Skills or ESOL) in either the FE and skills sector or in schools you are required to hold at least a Level 3 (i.e. ‘A’ Level) in maths and English. This qualification will provide you with the required level to teach in these environments.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
To view the course specification, please click here.
We include a variety of learning materials and resources as part of our all-inclusive service. These materials can include Unit Presentations, Advice Leaflets, Made Simple Guides and Reading Lists. Furthermore, we are always developing our course resources to enhance our learner experience. We have included some video resources that will feature in our courses shortly:
The four units that all learners must complete to gain this qualification are:
- Analysing English Language for Literacy and Language Teaching
- Reading Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching
- Speaking and Listening Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching
- Writing Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching
All learners must be able to meet the entry requirements to be able to complete this course:
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Must be in a voluntary or paid role – you will be observed during this course
- Good reading & writing skills in English
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
To learn more about us, please visit our about us page!