Level 3 Award in Mathematics for Numeracy Teaching (RQF)
The Level 3 Award in Mathematics for Numeracy Teaching is designed to help you develop the skills needed for the teaching of mathematics and numeracy. Throughout this course, you will interpret situations, process problems, analyse findings and use mathematical communication in academic subjects, personal and public life and professional and vocational contexts.
Price: £499.99 all-inclusive
As the course is online-based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays and a worksheet using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. There are also observations carried out as part of the assessment for this course, you will need to be able to deliver lessons to a minimum of 3 learners to meet the criteria.
Who should do this course?
The guided learning hours for this qualification are 60 hours and most students are certified within 3 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course entirely at your own pace.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
Focus Awards are the approved awarding body for this qualification. Focus Awards believe in offering the very best service, advice and guidance so that we can support our learners on their journeys to success and achievement.
This course is the ideal award for those learners who wish to develop their knowledge and personal skills in mathematics as required for entry to specialist teaching qualifications. If you are applying for QTLS and you teach maths or English (numeracy, GCSE, Functional Skills or ESOL) in either the FE and skills sector or in schools you are required to hold at least a Level 3 (i.e. ‘A’ Level) in maths and English. This qualification will provide you with the required level to teach in these environments.
All learners need to complete a minimum of two units from this list, but are more than able to complete all three if desired:
- Using Mathematics: Academic Subjects
- Using Mathematics: Personal and Public Life
- Using Mathematics: Professional and Vocational Contexts
All learners must be able to meet the entry requirements to be able to complete this course:
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Must be in a voluntary or paid role – you will be observed during this course
- Good reading & writing skills in English
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
To learn more about us, please visit our about us page!