Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (RQF)
The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants is a recognised qualification that provides learners with the skills and knowledge to become a higher level teaching assistant. Learners will develop their understanding on how to form bonds with their students, be an excellent role model and also how to plan lessons around a curriculum.
Price: £499.99 all-inclusive
As the course is online-based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. There are also observations carried out as part of the assessment for this course, you will need to be able to deliver lessons to a minimum of 3 learners to meet the criteria. The observations should be completed within a suitable environment (such as a school, adult learning centre or a club) with a qualified teacher. Micro Teaches are not an accepted method to complete these observations – all observations should be completed by witness statement.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
This course is ideal for those who currently work as a Teaching Assistant and wish to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and beyond. Developed by Gateway Qualifications with the support of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP), it enhances the assessment process and provides successful learners with a nationally-recognised qualification as evidence of the skills they have gained.
The course provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required when analysing and addressing the different challenges that are faced within the classroom environment. Learners will understand how to work with individuals as well as small groups, in addition to gaining essential insight into supporting pupils with special educational needs (SEN).
The seven units that all learners must complete to gain this qualification are:
- Understand the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role
- Child development and welfare
- Awareness of special educational needs
- Promoting positive behaviour in children and young people
- Providing support for individual learners and small groups
- Developing skills to promote positive working relationships
- Curriculum planning, delivery and assessment
All learners must be able to meet the entry requirements to be able to complete this course:
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Must be in a voluntary or paid role – you will be observed during this course
- Good reading & writing skills in English
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
Are you interested in this course but would like more information? If so, fill in this contact us form and one of our excellent representatives will contact you: