Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF)
The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who wish to work with children in a school environment but do not wish to become a teacher, (perhaps because of the large work commitment involved with the teaching role.)
Price: £499.99 all-inclusive
As the course is online-based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays and a worksheet using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. There are also observations carried out as part of the assessment for this course, you will need to be able to deliver lessons to a minimum of 3 learners to meet the criteria. The observations should be completed within a suitable environment (such as a school, adult learning centre or a club) with a qualified teacher. Micro Teaches are not an accepted method to complete these observations – all observations should be completed by witness statement.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
This course is ideal for those who wish to work in a school in a separate role to the teacher. Teaching Assistants, also known as Classroom Assistants or Learning Support, are people who help the teacher within the classroom by supporting groups of children with English, maths and other subjects. They may also carry out work with smaller groups or individual children outside of the classroom under the direction of the teacher, with the aim of providing extra support for those children who may struggle to keep up with the rest of the class.
Teaching Assistants can also sometimes work on a one-to-one basis with children who have Special Educational Needs, delivering a programme of work designed by the teacher and tailored especially for that particular child.
The ten units that all learners must complete to gain this qualification are:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Support learning activities
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
All learners must be able to meet the entry requirements to be able to complete this course:
- Must be aged 16 or above
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Must be in a voluntary or paid role – you will be observed during this course
- Good reading & writing skills in English
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
Are you interested in this course but would like more information? If so, fill in this contact us form and one of our excellent representatives will contact you: