Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health (RQF)
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health will give you an understanding about the principles of healthy eating, and the role of food in maintaining health. It also covers how dietary requirements change throughout life and are different for a variety of individuals. This course can support learners who are currently working in, or intending to work in, sectors such as sport, fitness and hospitality.
Price: £199.99 all-inclusive
As the course is online based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written assignments using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. Furthermore, some aspects of this course will be assessed through a professional discussion with your qualified observer. The number of guided learning hours for this course is 126 and most learners complete this course within 3 months.
Who should take this course?
This course is the ideal award for learners who have no prior qualification but want to improve their knowledge and understanding about health and nutrition. A level 1 qualification may be helpful but is not necessary.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
To view the course specification, please click here.
There are no videos that are directly related to this topic. However, we can display some Assessment Methods, which are part of the All Inclusive package:
The six units that all learners must complete to gain this qualification are:
- Understanding the principles of healthy eating
- Understanding the different nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Understanding how to use food and nutrition to plan a healthy diet
- Understanding the principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
- Understanding the principles of food safety in the home environment
All learners must meet these entry requirements to be able to complete the course:
- Must be qualified at in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Learners must be over 16 years old
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
To learn more about us, please visit our about us page!