Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RQF)
The Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is a recognised qualification that will provide you with the required skills and knowledge to work as a professionally-qualified counsellor in a variety of settings, dependent on your interests and preferences. The transformative nature of this course will challenge your core beliefs and the way that you view situations and the people around you, as well as helping you to develop yourself as a counsellor and as a person.
Price: £1999.99 all-inclusive
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observations. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace.
Who Should Do This Course?
This qualification is suitable for those working in professional or voluntary roles providing therapeutic counselling to clients, and who wish to gain the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required for such a role. The course is related directly to your job role and helps you to reflect on your performance at work and review your working practices.
To successfully complete the course, you will need to complete 100 hours of counselling practice with clients over the year. This is something that must be arranged by the student as we cannot provide this. You must also have regular supervision when working with clients to ensure both your own and your client’s safety, as well as to aid your skills and development.
We recommend that you undergo some personal therapy throughout the duration of the course, particularly as the role can sometimes be emotionally challenging. Personal therapy helps you become an ethical, safer and more understanding counselor, as well as providing you with the opportunity to find out more about yourself.
The Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RQF) is a recognised and fully-accredited qualification that can lead to BACP and/or NCS membership. Completion of the live course and all required practice hours are prerequisites for beginning the process of professional body membership.
This qualification is offered through Pearson Edexcel, an OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. Pearson’s products and services are used by millions of teachers and learners around the world every day. Their mission is to help people to progress through learning, creating fulfilling careers and bettering their lives.
To view the course specification, click here.
We include a variety of learning materials and resources as part of our all-inclusive service. These materials can include Unit Presentations, Advice Leaflets, Made Simple Guides and Reading Lists. Furthermore, we are always developing our course resources to enhance our learner experience. We have included some video resources that will feature in our courses shortly:
The nine units that all learners must complete to gain this qualification are:
- Person-centred approaches to counselling
- Counselling for grief and loss
- Counselling clients who have experienced abuse
- Relationship counselling
- Counselling skills, development and practice
- Comparative theories and approaches in counselling
- Continuing personal development in counselling
- Human development in relation to counselling
- Client work in therapeutic counselling
All learners must meet these entry requirements to be able to complete the course:
- Students must be aged 18 or above
- Students must be able to demonstrate skills in maths and English at Level 2
- You must be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily – you will be observed in your workplace setting
- You must have access to workplace supervision
At 5 Star Courses, we pride ourselves knowing our fees are completely all inclusive. Our fees include:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on our learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
To learn more about us, please visit our about us page!