The Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering has been developed to give a comprehensive understanding of the management of food safety within a catering business. It covers all the necessary aspects of food hygiene and safety in depth, providing candidates with thorough knowledge.
Assessment and delivery
The qualification will be assessed through written essays. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace.
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for those who currently work as one of the following (or similar):
- Production Managers
- Owners or Managers of food-related businesses/organisations
- Supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge
- Hygiene auditors
The qualification will enable the holder to demonstrate to the regulators that they have been properly trained in accordance with the national occupational standards and legal requirements. It concentrates on the need for programmes and procedures to be properly drawn up, introduced and monitored to ensure full compliance with the legislation. It is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in Food Safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
- The principles of food safety management for catering:
- Understand how food business operators can ensure compliance with food hygiene and safety legislation
- Understand the operational requirements needed to ensure safety in the kitchen environment
- Understand how to establish food safety management procedures
- Understand the controls required for food safety
- Understand how to maintain food safety management procedures
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in Maths and English at Level 2
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
5 Star Courses all-inclusive features
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!