Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF)
The aim of the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) is to provide learners with the required skills and knowledge to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions unsupervised via the context of gym-based exercise to a very high standard.
Assessment and delivery
As the course is online based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. The guided learning hours for this qualification is 158 hours and most students are certified within 3 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course.
Who should do this course?
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) is aimed at those learners looking to gain entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor. Furthermore, this qualification is suitable for individuals who want a shorter course to enable them to make suitable career choices.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at
Focus Awards are the approved awarding body for our sports and personal training courses. Focus Awards believe in offering the very best service, advice and guidance so that we can support our learners on their journeys to success and achievement.
5 Star Courses all-inclusive features
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to one of our observers who can come out to your location at no extra cost. This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!